getting a headache from watching so much DANGAN RONPA
getting a headache from watching so much DANGAN RONPA
Hello! I know a lot of people out there are diagnosed with life altering diseases or disorders, and I wanted to share a way to possibly relieve your stress or worries, even if for a few minutes. It is called ASMR. It stands for autonomous sensory meridian response. I’ve been on tumblr for a while and I have yet to see a single person reblog/make any post to do with ASMR, so I decided to make a masterpost.
- Here is a brief explanation: You know when you hear noises/sounds or see movements that make you feel relaxed or feel good? Or you would like to hear/see them again because it is pleasurable for your eyes/ears? That is what ASMR is. It is videos or audio that people create with a series of quiet events that help relax your brain. Also, if you are very sensitive to ASMR, it gives you a light tingly sensation in the back of your neck, on your scalp, down your spine, etc. If this explanation wasn’t sufficient or you would just like to know more, click here to read the Wikipedia article on ASMR.
- What it does: ASMR can relax you, help you sleep, relieve stress, calm your nerves, temporarily ease your disorders, and boost your self esteem if you watch the right videos. Here is an article of someone describing their personal experience and some more benefits of ASMR.
- Now let’s talk about triggers: ASMR “triggers” are specific noises that make you feel good. You know that person with the soothing voice you couldn’t stop listening to? Or when someone tapped their nails and it gave you goosebumps? That is considered ASMR. Some more examples of sounds people enjoy include:
- slow hand movements
- incoherent babbling
- page turning
- lip smacking
- pendulums swinging
And there are probably more that I’ve missed.
- Trigger Videos
- HERE is a fast rundown video with 40 triggers for you to experience.
- HERE is a much longer video of about 9 triggers to help you sleep.
- HERE are 7 triggers for relaxation and sleep
Now that you’ve figured out what you like/dislike, it’s time to find ASMR artists that you enjoy.
2. ASMR artist Channels
- If you enjoy a nurturing motherly figure to whisper you to sleep, HERE is Maria’s YouTube Channel. She specializes in soft-spoken activities and she has a flirty, caring nature. She will make you feel at home. HERE is another soft whispering account.
- If you like tapping and scratching noises (my personal favorite), HERE is an inactive account with great videos and sounds, and HERE is an active and more sensual account with much longer nails.
- Maybe eating is more your thing and you like to hear those soothing mouth sounds. HERE is my favorite eating whisperer. What the heck, if you’re in the mood to enjoy some sounds and just relax check out a little bit louder account HERE. You know what, i’m a foodie, so go HERE too for a little bit less relaxing, more fun artist. Why not, HERE’S another one.
- Yo dawg, I heard you like roleplays, so go HERE for the roleplay Queen of Serene. She will do your makeup, align your chakras, cook for you. You are part of her kingdom now.
- Do you want more clean cut videos? Something therapeutic? Go HERE for stress relief central. This guy is an expert. It may not be as warm, but boy will it get the job done. You know, I love stress relief. Who doesn’t? So HERE is another relaxing channel. He specializes in massage techniques, whispering, and like any other artist he dabbles in a bit of everything. Plus he has a nice accent :D
3. Specific ASMR Videos
Maybeyou’re still tentative about this whole experience. Maybe you don’t want to swim through a sea of videos to find one or two that you like. I’m here for you. I have compiled a list of specific videos that I enjoy. I’ll put them into categories for you. I’ve lumped them together as I see fit, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you feel that they fit into these categories. Feel free to click whichever ones you want.
- ANXIETY: If you’re having a PANIC ATTACK, HERE.
If you want ANXIETY RELIEF, HERE. Did the first video not do it for you? Here’s a different COPING WITH PANIC ATTACKS.
- TAPPING: The best video I’ve ever watched for TAPPING AND SCRATCHING, HERE. Another TAPPING, and TAPPING and TAPPING.
- FOOD: There’s a lovely GUM CHEWING, HERE. This one has no whispering. However, there is a chewing video with lots of conversation where he is EATING MCDONALDS, HERE.
- GENERAL RELAXATION: The first ASMR video I ever watched is a conglomeration of tingles and feel goodness, and it has whispering, ear-cleaning, tapping, and happiness HERE. There is a fantastic, calming video of someone getting a HAIR SHAMPOOING, HERE. I highly recommend it, it has lots of suds and bubbles and this is the only particular video to put me to sleep. Do you want someone to sing you to sleep? Of course you do. Listen to LIP SMACKING AND LULLABIES, HERE.
- TINGLES FAST: This category is if you do experience those delicious “tingles”. Sometimes you just don’t have time for a twenty minute ASMR video. This link will direct you to a playlist consisting of nine videos that are FAST TWO-MINUTE TINGLES, HERE.
QUICK TIP: It really helps to wear headphones. Some ASMR videos are “Binaural”, which mean the sound moves from ear to ear. This will not work without headphones, so I would wear them.
This concludes my ASMR masterpost. PLEASE REBLOG because somebody with anxiety, depression, insomnia, any other disorder, or someone that just wants to be relaxed may need to see this list because it could help them. SIGNAL BOOST THIS because I feel ASMR doesn’t get any recognition and it could potentially relax someone who is in very desperate need of it. This list is very short when it comes to the ASMR videos I watch, so if you need any help or want video suggestions please message me.
There also is the possibility that this isn’t your cup of tea, and that’s perfectly fine, even though I’m sorry I couldn’t help you. But if you haven’t tried it you should really give it a go. Stay safe, stay relaxed, and stay calm, sweet babies.
uh i wanted to add my favorite artists!!!
some of them may have been(and have been!!) mentioned in this post but its nice to always have a second opinion agreeing with the first isnt it?
in no particular order my favorite artists are:
WispersInBloom (she is /MY/ queen of role play videos)
Ephemeral Rift (he has a really fun goofy and kinda haunting personality and his videos are kinda strange in a great way)
GentleWhispering (SO SO SO WONDERFUL WONDERFUL GAL all the love)
MassageASMR (most hypnotic voice I’ve ever had the pleasure of hearing)
You can ignore this if you want? I just wanted to let you guys know!!!
Savannah residents seeking answers in the death of #CharlesSmith. Autopsy scheduled for today. This is one version of the event circulating on Twitter.
The first thing they put out about him after he was killed was he was a rapper who “glamorized violence” and all they could emphasize was his “troubled past.” They put up a picture of him that made him seem hard, but never bothered to put up a sweet one up like this. Meanwhile, some white guy down the street from me in the same city beats his wife to death and he was just “mentally unstable.” He is still alive.
The night Charles was killed, I had to call pop a lock and a drunk man came out of nowhere and made the pop a lock guy freak out, so he called the cops. About 2 cop cars came just to subdue the man (who was Mexican and wasn’t really causing any trouble. I tried to speak to him in Spanish so he could understand better and I kept calmly telling him to please go home. I felt so bad when they put him in the car. The cops just laughed it off.) The cops questioned me about what happened and were talking about how dangerous Savannah was that night and that they had to kill someone. All they did was laugh.
Savannah is known for this. Police brutality is rampant here. Troy Davis walked these same streets that led him to his fate. All they do is laugh.
but it may save someone a hellish future. If you are having a gluten issue and have lactose intolerance please try to use lactaid only. I have had issues with an off brand of lactaid and it didn’t end well I was up all night trying not to throw up and I’m still feeling like shit so please be careful out there.
The brand I used was ‘quality choice' and I def recommend you, if you haven't already, to switch to lactaid.
only use lactaid if you have a lactose and gluten intollerance! DON’T GO CHEAP OFF BRAND!
I’m trying to get through these Dangan Ronpa 2 playthrough videos.
THis iS GONNA TAKE HOURS!!!